Pages

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Give Tom Cruise an Oscar, Pronto!

 
First let me start by saying “I LOVE TOM CRUISE”. It’s not a stalker kind of love. I don’t know anything personal about the guy outside of his movies and the few things posted on TMZ and are deemed newsworthy by the media. I just flat out think he is a great actor. He has slowly become my favorite action hero. It was Bruce Willis as John Maclane in the DIE HARD movies but things change. I never gave Tom Cruise any thought early in his career. I just thought he was really hyper and had a ridiculously goofy grin. He is still very hyper and yes he still has the same ridiculously goofy grin. I have overlooked his so called crazy antics. Yeah he jumped on Oprah Winfrey’s couch. Yeah he had a verbal battle with Matt Lauer and Brooke Shields. I really could care less. I’m judging him strictly on his craft. With time I came to realize he was really good at this acting stuff. He puts his heart and soul into the characters he portrays. Therefore I feel the need to rant and rave about him, or at least blog about him. I have valid points to his fabulousness.
The Academy has yet to give him an Oscar. This royally pisses me off because Tom has been nominated three times and still no wins. Seriously? I guess you have to donate a kidney to win that gold naked man. The Academy seems to be this elite snobby club that only picks people they deem worthy (People we never heard of usually). I’m sure you’ve watched the televised Academy Awards ceremony and hadn’t heard of the movies and the actors nominated. Then those same movies that never even played at your local Cineplex win and you’re like WTF? If you’re like me you may buy or watch these obscure winning movies once they’re out on cable or DVD. Then you’re like seriously, this boring crap won an Oscar.
Tom was nominated by the Academy for BORN ON THE FOURTH OF JULY, MAGNOLIA and JERRY MACGUIRE. He didn’t win even though those were all great films. What about the other great performance by Tom, A FEW GOOD MEN, TOP GUN, RAIN MAN, INTERVIEW WITH THE VAMPIRE, VANILLA SKY, COLLATERAL, EYES WIDE SHUT and MINORITY REPORT. Even if the movie Tom is in sucks you have to admit his acting never sucks. Sometimes his acting is the only thing that carries the movie and keeps you intrigued. Have you seen the preview for his new movie JACK REACHER? I can’t wait to see it. There is no doubt about it Tom Cruise always delivers.  
Lastly, two words, MISSION IMPOSSIBLE. Tom does his own stunts, not minor aerobatics. He is a full-fledged daredevil. Did I mention he’s 50 years old? He acts like a man on speed. Obviously he is not on any drugs. It goes against the whole Scientology thing and since I don’t know anything about Scientology I won’t comment on it. Tom is every woman’s dream guy. He acts like he high on something (drugs) but he really isn’t.  I don’t care how many wives he had. I don’t care that he dated someone with the same last name as him (remember Penelope Cruz). Huh? I don’t care about his affiliation to Scientology. I don’t care how many people his pisses off with his beliefs and cocky demeanor. I don’t care about the rumors. If it were up to me Tom Cruise would have won an Academy award ages ago. I know what you’re thinking, ‘this lady is obsessed with Tom Cruise’. Please believe me. This is not a Tom Cruise love fest. Well maybe it is, just a little. I have to reluctantly admit that Tom Cruise is not my favorite actor. Although that is true, I feel a standing ovation, an Oscar and two snaps up are long overdue for Mr. Risky Business. On a side note, what’s up with the TOP GUN sequel? So what it’s been over twenty years. I know I’m not the only one that wants to see fighter pilot Maverick back in the air. I never thought that Mr. I Feel The Need, The Need For Speed would Take My Breath Away.


No comments:

Post a Comment